Just what makes EXPAREL different?
- EXPAREL is targeted, working directly at the surgical site, unlike opioids, which are systemic and affect the entire body
- EXPAREL requires only one dose, administered by a doctor during surgery, so you and your family have one less thing to manage afterwards
- EXPAREL provides pain control for the first few days after surgery, when patients need it most
EXPAREL is proven in clinical trials to reduce the need for opioids in both adults and children*
- EXPAREL patients went longer before needing opioids than those who didn’t receive EXPAREL
- EXPAREL patients required fewer opioids than those who didn’t receive EXPAREL
*The clinical benefit of the decrease in opioid consumption was not demonstrated in the pivotal trials.
EXPAREL has been used in over 10 million patients
Possible side effects
Side effects can occur with any medication. It is important not to ignore anything you may be experiencing. Patients in clinical trials who received EXPAREL and placebo experienced nausea, vomiting, fever, and/or constipation. Speak with your doctor right away if you experience any of these or if you have other questions regarding any side effects.
Learn about your surgery
Select from the surgical procedure list below to learn more about how EXPAREL can help.
Don't see your surgery here? EXPAREL may still be an option. Talk to your doctor to learn more.